[AT] Early Tractor Cabs

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 30 06:49:14 PST 2011

Further details to last night's early tractor cabs. I found a couple of
the old ads from 1948 showing a couple of companies that offered
aftermarket cabs. The Macdonald aircraft company in Winnipeg , Manitoba
offered cabs for several makes including Farmall M, McDeering W6 and 9,
Massey 44-55, Mini U and John Deere D.
Another company mentioned was Tokheim from Ontario (Canada) which
offered cabs for smaller tractors. The Case VA and Farmall H-M are the
only ones mentioned in the ad.
These cabs appear to be all steel construction with real glass windows.
No doubt a real echo chamber on wheels but probably a welcome shelter
from our Canadian weather on days like this. -18F here this morning.
Pictures at http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/142_165/29_157/Macdonaldcab-vi.jpg
and  http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/142_165/29_157/Tokheimcab-vi.jpg

Ralph in Sask.