[AT] Blizzard of '78

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 29 09:56:32 PST 2011

I would have been PROUD of a Thursday night exam.  Ours were Saturday morning.  I went home almost every weekend to do farm work and doggone sure had better things to do than set in Raleigh and take a exam on a Saturday. The only thing was, in ag. education we were still at that time in the college of education, (we moved over to College of Ag & Life Sciences in 94 or 95)and the requirement for us for chemistry was Chem 100!  No lab, just 3 hrs. of lecture a week.  The exams were still no push-over but I knew I was lucky to be where I was.

I'm in the second statistics class I have to have for my doctorial program right now.  All my other online courses have had take home, open book exams.  Not statistics.  You either have ot show up and take the exam with the on-campus class, or make an appointment thru the NCSU proctoring center. I have managed to learn enough to know that the old saying about lies, damn lies, and statistics is 100% true!  There is truly no more made-up, pull-stuff-out-of-the-air discipline than statistics!

Al