[AT] Blizzard of '78

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jan 29 08:50:08 PST 2011

I am sitting here looking at my Otis King Calculator Model L. This is a
slide rule that looks something like an antique telescope. It sits on a
shelf with some other antiquities from the the days of BC (Before
Calculators). <http://www.svpal.org/~dickel/OK/OtisKing.html>

And I still have a few other slide rules tucked away in the back of desk
drawers (along with 9.6 modems, 5 1/2" floppy drives, fountain pens, dot
matrix printer ribbons, rolls of adding machine paper, etc.) And out in
the barn is a perfectly good Kaypro "portable" computer (except that I
don't have the operating system floppy for it).

Mike