[AT] Blizzard of '78

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 29 04:08:55 PST 2011

Steve, do you ever stop to think how lucky we are to know what the weather
is going to be? I know I belly ache if we miss a rain shower that was
predicted. Most of the time we at least have a clue of what might happen.
The old folks such as your granddad just had to be prepared to deal with
anything at anytime. Hard to imagine living that way now.  Sudden turns in
the weather and no constant weather updates make it a whole lot easier to
understand why so much old iron suffered freeze breaks in the water jackets
before anti-freeze came into widespread use.

John Hall