[AT] Springtime in Sask? Water Hauling

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Jan 28 19:02:45 PST 2011

On 1/28/2011 8:26 PM, Cecil Bearden wrote:
> Ralph:
> I also enjoyed the video.  I find it very interesting that you haul water
> with a 30year old 2 wheel drive pickup in snow and cold that is worse than 5
> of the heaviest snowfalls this country has ever experienced.  If this was in
> Oklahoma, the hauler would have to have a crew cab dual wheeled 4 wheel
> drive diesel pickup!!!!!!!!
>
> Where could I find one of those grill covers you have.  I really would like
> one of those for my diesel one tons.  They never really get warm enough when
> traveling against the wind in cold weather.

Cecil, I don't know where you'd find a grille cover since its been about
25 years since I bought that one. The day I bought the truck used in
December of 86 and it still had the 5.7 diesel engine I knew it needed a
grille cover. The best shop back then was "Van Decor" for all kinds of
after market accessories but I'm sure its history by now.
Yes, it would be nice to have 4 wheel drive for a work truck but I grew
up having to make do with what we could afford. 4 Wd was pretty much
unheard of then. We got by with 2 wheel drive, winter tires and a shovel
in the trunk or truck box.
I guess I could afford a new one nowadays but I'm kinda stuck on the old
stuff. The sound of that Olds engine is music to my ears. After this
many years I know the truck inside out and thats worth something to me.

Ralph in Sask.