[AT] (Off Topic) Glue for gasoline piece or good vintage Engine parts site, Craftsman Snowblower.

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Jan 28 06:18:32 PST 2011

Mike I have to take exception to your assertion that the 5 minute epoxy is
crap.  It has it's place.  What it doesn't have is any reinforcing fibers or
particles in it like JB does.  It does however serve as a very good "glue".
I keep a couple of the double barrel tubes that distribute equal parts when
you push the plunger and use them for all sorts of things.   I once broke
the leg off of a crystal rein deer Christmas ornament.  It broke fairly
clean in the knee joint but some pieces were two small to save.  I glued it
back together with clear 5 minute epoxy.  After applying several thin coats,
sanding, shaping  and polishing it out you could not tell it had been
broken.  That was probably 15 years ago.  It's still holding.  Over the
years the epoxy started to yellow and you can now see where it is patched
but the patch is still holding.

Charlie