[AT] Wanted; Lilliston rolling cult & plastic layer

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Wed Jan 26 09:32:58 PST 2011

On 1/26/2011 10:08 AM, Cecil Bearden wrote:
> Herb:
>
> I think I have one of those.  We called it a rotary hoe.  Dad bought it at a
> farm sale about 5 years ago.
> give me a call and I can probably send you a picture over my cell phone.
>
> Cecil in OKla
Y'all,

It's funny how rotary hoes get mentioned about every three or four years
on the list.  While cultivating soybeans may not be as common as it was
40+ years ago, the rotary hoe was a marvelous tool to have after you
planted beans and a hard rain followed bringing a crust that was tough
for the beans to sprout through.  They were very easy to pull and pretty
much trouble free as I recall.  Ours would snag trash like a small
downed limb, piece of wood or old baling twine barely covered in the
field, but it was simple to clean the few times this happened.  Ours was
not much of a threat to grass or to weeds that were very far past sprouting

Chuck Bealke
Dallas