[Farmall] shop time

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 17:50:05 PST 2011

Anybody got anything remotely red in the shop?

We just drove out a 129 Cadet that we put a narrow frame snow blower on. It works, but could stand more modification to allow for greater ground clearance. Snow is in the forecast so maybe we will get a chance to use it before dad sells it. Lets face it, there just ain't that much snow around here to justify keeping it. Go about an hour or two north and it is a different scenario.

Today we pulled the fenders off my 2072 Cadet. I know, its not IH but it is pretty much built like the last IH built Cadets. I've got to work on the controls for the hydrostatic.
After that the 60" deck has got to be stripped of parts, sandblasted and repainted. I've wanted one of these mowers since new and was finally able to buy one last fall.

Dad's International 454 needs a little work on the brake controls but since it is the one we use to clear snow when needed, we don't want to disable it with snow in the forecast every other week!

One of the Super A's needs a rear main.

Dad changed out the gears in the IH mag we run on his DC Case. FYI an H4 IH mag will bolt right up.

Spring will be here before you know it. If it doesn't, all my tractor money will be used up to pay the heating bills!

John Hall