[AT] forum

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Jan 21 17:38:52 PST 2011

As many of you know, I am a security fanatic when it comes to my servers.  The security platform I am using to dynamically detect naughty hackers assigns scores based on the level and severity of the attacks.  The spam attacks bulletin boards are subject too apparently send the detection software into hyperdrive and it shut down the forums.

These attacks are no good for members but present no real security risk to the system.  Plus the bulletin board system itself has a way to deal with them.  So I fine-tuned the detection rules so this would not happen again.

Sorry for the outage.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone