[AT] Washington state flooding

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Jan 18 21:25:43 PST 2011

Herb,

We are in AZ for the winter. I called my son in WA relative to the floods, etc. He said it is just normal Washington winter rain and
flooding. It really isn't I don't think. He is being a little tongue and cheek I think. We had a bunch of heavy snow in the
mountains in November and apparently now it has warmed up and is raining at high elevations in the mountains causing all the early
snow to melt. The Snohomish and Snoqualmie rivers are flooding the valley around Monroe and Snohomish.  Floods in this valley are
fairly common occurrence but not at this time of the year, usually in the spring.  We live in the foothills about 700 feet elevation
above the valley and 7.5 miles North of Monroe so we don't get flooding at our place. But too much rain can do damage at our place
too but not the normal flooding. In the recent past we have had quite a bit of damage from snow building up on the roofs of both our
house and the barn and then all come off at once. This tears gutters off and destroys decks. Our snow has a very high moisture
content and therefore is very heavy.

 Appreciate you thinking of us.

Dean VP
Apache Junction, AZ

"If pilots' vision were as bad as economists', Amtrak would be profitable."