[Ford-ferguson] Brake problem on my 8N "finally" resolved....

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Fri Jan 14 04:51:52 PST 2011

Now that the list has returned!

For those of you that might remember, I was having issues with the brake
shoes grabbing on my 8N when I replaced the shoes on the left hand side
a few years ago.

Well, I finally got around to replacing the shoes on the right hand side
of the tractor (after replacing the seal!), and then it started grabbing
also (to the point that you could barely move the tractor at times.

To make a long story short, the shoes that the local New Holland dealer
sold me had semi metallic linings installed on them, and that was the
problem.

I went to another local (non New Holland!) dealer, purchased another set
of shoes (Tisco?) for the tractor and installed them.  No longer having
the grabbing problems.

Hope this helps someone else...

Howard
http://www.moosebird.net