[AT] OT: Chevy Chevette (was Re: Yellow Farmall now cold starting

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Mon Jan 3 10:29:40 PST 2011

Ford's version (at least for the Taurus and the Merc Sable) wasn't much
better.  Luckily when the connector on my company Sable started spewing
I was close to an independent repair shop which fashioned a good repair.
  The next week a coworker driving the same model Sable came into work
one morning with the spew.  I knew exactly what was wrong without
opening the hood.
We got a recall notice about a month later.

People frequently decry Chrysler's reliability record but my 2002 Dodge
Ram has never given problems.  I'm sure there are others with issues but
so far not me.

My 2001 Malibu has had a few "issues" most of the minor variety.

All the above are better in my experience than US built vehicles from
the 1970's/1980's.

David
NW NC