[AT] Yellow Farmall now cold starting

Rob Wilson ro.wilson at att.net
Sun Jan 2 21:14:53 PST 2011

In 1984 I bought a new diesel Chevette and paid $4500 out the door for it.
Before you laugh it was one of the best running little cars I've ever owned.
It only failed my twice in the 160,000 miles I drove it. Once while it was
sitting at work for week while traveling and it was -12 when I got there. I
jumped it and it took right off. My fault it had and old battery in it. The
other was when we had record cold here in Ohio, it hit -35 and the little
car sat out with a block heater. I went out and hopped in it and the shocks
didn't move. I cranked it up and she fired up. It rattled but it was
running. I went back in a told my wife I was off to work and headed out. I
made it into town and onto the freeway when the fuel started gelling. It
made it off the freeway and that was it until it got above zero a day later.
Around here the only thing with a block heater standard is a diesel and no
one ever orders a gas vehicle with one.
Rob