[AT] Oil and cold weather.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 1 06:44:31 PST 2011

On 1/1/2011 7:37 AM, charlie hill wrote:

> Gene,   don't you wish you had some multi-viscosity oil back then?
>
> Charlie

Its surprising just how thick even the multi viscosity 10w-30 oil gets
here in winter. I use it in two tractors but the bigger diesel 2090 Case
I have changed over to a straight grade
#10 oil for winter. Case did not recommend multi vis oils for that
series tractors so I have stuck with the straight single weight oils all
the time I have owned the tractor.
Another option I like for grain auger engines is the synthetic 0w-30
oil. It stays much thinner in the cold yet not too thin for summer. At
over $8 a litre it is a little expensive.

Ralph in Sask.