[AT] Stationary engine recordings

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 1 19:54:44 PST 2011

On 2/1/2011 9:19 PM, Charlie V wrote:

> I did a little google reading on the ring tone subject, Gene. With
> older phones like I have, it looked like more  of a project than I
> need.  My phone usually only rings occasionally when a telemarketer
> calls and I do not answer them.  Neat thought though.

http://www.nfb.ca/film/grain_elevator#

Interesting video of a Sask Wheat Pool grain elevator and its workings.
Including showing the start up procedure on a big old single cylinder
Ruston Hornsby engine that powers the machinery in the elevator. Dated
about the mid 1970s judging by the tilt hood IH Loadstar in the video.

Ralph in Sask.