[AT] Swathing barley

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 28 21:58:06 PST 2011

On 2/28/2011 8:24 PM, Spencer Yost wrote:
> Great video!  In 1988 that video camera probably wasn't very small. (-;
>
> I'm jealous too. My Oliver wouldn't turn corners that sharp without binding the pto shaft.  Once the uncut part got small enough I would have to do a loop turn.
>
> Spencer

Thanks Spencer. Its true, that camcorder was like a small suitcase on
the shoulder.
That Massey swather did work great. Swathing was a pleasure riding in
the comfortable cab away from the grain dust, bugs, cold/heat. It was a
job I enjoyed and still do. Best day I can recall I cut 90 acres of
durum wheat with the 21 foot. And that included transporting 5 miles
each way to the field.

Ralph in Sask.