[AT] 1/2" air wrench

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sun Feb 27 06:21:49 PST 2011

This thread was interesting from another point of view, John.  I suspect that many of us have experience in torquing lug nuts and various bolts in many adverse situations.  There are two ways of "doing it" -- turn it smoothly, or use a vibrating method.  Both are valid, but are needed for different reasons.  As a piano tuner, you learn to always vibrate or shock the tuning pin into final position so it will stay where it's supposed to, but if you want to get a fastener to a particular value, you have to rotate it smoothly.  That's one of the reasons that a piano tuning wrench is called a hammer, and it's correct to talk about knocking a tuning pin into position.  But that's enough OT "Good of the Order" information for a Sunday morning.

Larry