[AT] Stationary engine recordings

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Feb 3 09:30:03 PST 2011

Charlie V wrote:
> I did a little google reading on the ring tone subject, Gene. With
> older phones like I have, it looked like more  of a project than I
> need.  My phone usually only rings occasionally when a telemarketer
> calls and I do not answer them.  Neat thought though.
>
> I hope what we get for weather is snow, rather than sleet or freezing
> rain.  When it gets here it is supposed to no longer be in the
> blizzard category.  The weather guy is calling for 10-15 inches in
> Rochester, but possibly much less South of I-90.  South of I-90?? Hey,
> that's me.  I would be great to miss the bullet yet another time, but
> I guess we will take whatever we get.
>
> Charlie V.

I make ring tones all the time. Easy to do as long as the phone can use
the more standard formats.

Basically you use an audio program such as Audacity. Import the
sound/song into it. Then you cut the parts you don't want to use for the
ring tone. You want a final product around 15-20 seconds max.

Then you save the ringtone as a mp3 file. Now for the fun part. Getting
it to your phone. If it's a phone that can connect directly to a
computer or uses a memory card you can load it directly. If you can
receive multimedia text messages you can send it to yourself using
e-mail. Or you can use a service to send it to your phone

--
Steve W.