[AT] Tractor tire chains

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 05:34:10 PST 2011

Not that they will do any good in today's snow, but I've decided it's
time to get some tire chains for my tractor.  I can usually push snow
OK, unless it's really deep or has ice under it.  Now it looks it's
going to be really deep AND have ice under it.

I'm wondering whether the double ring or duo-grip would be better.  I
have no pavement, just gravel.  I park on concrete, but I can put
plywood under the tractor there.  Besides the snow, I sometimes have
trouble in the woods getting firewood out.  The double ring looks really
aggressive, but I wonder if I catch a rock or stump if I'd break out
cross links.

Double ring is $205, duo-grip $241, of course there are even more
expensive options....

Any suggestions?

Thanks