[AT] Grain Augers--silent flame harvester

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 20:43:36 PST 2011

Well Charlie, I guess we'll never be able to settle this one since there
probably isn't one of those harvesters left and neither one of us is in
shape enough to walk it!
The rear seat of the harvester wasn't bad since there was no one on either
side so you might get a little bit of air. The driver on the other hand was
sandwiched in between the other 2 primers so he never got any air, plus he
had to listen at belly-aching from the other 3 about going too fast or too
slow. Oh, by the end of the day you were completely covered in tar from the
leaves rubbing against you all day.

Honestly, the only guy to get it easy was the sled driver!

John