[AT] Grain Augers--Long

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 18:09:21 PST 2011

Okay AL, what's a ferris wheel harvester?

I am quite in shock you've never worked in tobacco. Normally you find folks
that have done that but never worked with grains or hay. It's not too late
you know---go loan yourself out for a 1/2 day next summer to a tobacco
farmer.

Tobacco up this way can get to running real late--in other words everyone
starts panicking frost will hit it before it is all pulled (that happened
quite a bit this year). In the mid '80's, daddy had a cousin that actually
cured a couple barns that were fired with wood. They used bulk barns and
only used stick barns for backup. This one year they needed to get it in and
were already running the kerosene and propane barns. I suspect it was about
as much as for old times sake as anything else.

John