[AT] Other related collections question for the list

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Dec 22 14:59:03 PST 2011

Ben, at one time I had the printout of all the IH owners that were due to
receive or had received free gas caps as an outcome of the safety recall
back in the '70s (or was it early '80's). I even got a box of old style
gascaps. If you have ever noticed, some of the early radiator caps were
almost identical to the gas caps. I got a couple of nice "water" caps out of
the box. It was amazing how many of those caps actually needed replacing. I
know IH was covering their butt replacing the fuel caps, but there were lots
of tractors out there that really needed a new fuel cap. And what amazes me
is how many we see in our shop today with the old caps on them. I point it
out and tell folks about the current replacement program.

John