[AT] Grain Augers

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Fri Dec 30 05:48:59 PST 2011

My grandfather had a Long 445 (?) front wheel assist tractor with a loader back in the 80's. I remember driving it and it seemed a big tractor compared to our 8n. For the most part it seemed ok except for the power steering didn't seem to work very well and being FWA it was hard to maneuver. My dad's joke was it was called LONG cause it too 40 acres to turn that thing around. That and trying to understand the hi/lo transmission shifting was a little strange.

I still have the Long 7' rotary mower. It's been a pretty good piece of equipment but I guess it's hard to foul up a rotary mower.

Brad