[AT] Carb problems

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Sun Dec 25 06:46:52 PST 2011

Dick, Carb kits for a model 14 should be easy to find. You can test the
needle valve for the float by blowing through the fuel inlet. If you
turn the carb upside down, the needle should seal and you shouldn't be
able to blow through it. gas dribble from these carbs is a common thing
and usually not caused by the needle and seat. Up inside where the
mixture screw goes there is a brass tube that is the jet for the mixture
screw. You almost have to remove that tube to get the top off as it goes
up into the air horn. A new tube and mixture screw is usually included
in the carb kit. If you look on the tube a little up from the thread you
will see a small chamfer. That taper has to seal up inside the carb
where the tube goes through the float bowl. If that doesn't seal, you
get the gas dribble out the choke end. Used carbs aren't hard to find
either but most will need a good cleaning from sitting. Merry Christmas
to all on the list!!!   Doug T