[AT] Other related collections question for the list

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Dec 22 15:06:17 PST 2011

It's no telling what got hauled to the scrap yard at the dealer dad worked
at. I still remember a new truck engine block sitting in the back when they
closed up. The truck division had closed down 20 years prior. Every so often
they would purge the literature and put a couple boxes out with the trash.
If an item could be returned they would. Otherwise it just collected dust or
was sent to scrap. They probably would have saved more of the old parts if
it weren't for having to count them on inventory.

The mechanics kept a stash of old magnetos, distributors, carburetors, and
left over O-rings. That all came home with dad when they closed up.

John Hall