[AT] Other related collections question for the list

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Dec 20 12:05:45 PST 2011

On 12/20/2011 1:16 PM, Grant Brians wrote:
> I collect other things than just antique tractors as has been clear from
> some of my list postings. I am curious about two closely related types of
> collections other list members might have. Ephemera related to farm
> machinery
>       My personal interest is not limited to just this county or even
> California in these covers and postcards and occasionally I come across or
> someone gives me these kinds of items from all sorts of places and they are
> really interesting. Are they interesting to others on the list?
>
>            Grant Brians
>            Hollister,California Vegetable, Fruits and Nut farmer
Accumulating stuff is what I am good at it seems. I'd never go so far as
to call myself a collector. I just keep stuff that like and don't throw
away much. What was useless junk a few years ago is now "collectible".
Maybe even worth a little money but thats not the real reason I keep it.
Old ads, magazines and farm newspapers have become a gold mine of
history. I've scanned some of it into an album at fotki.
http://public.fotki.com/Rusty6/old-ads/
  I guess when I'm gone there is going to be a huge garage sale (or
bonfire) here.

Ralph in Sask.