[AT] American made tool box?

John Slavin chaunceyjb at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 19 09:58:53 PST 2011

I have three daughters, the youngest being a college freshman this year.  Part of the ritual is they all got a toolbox with some basic tools from dad.  We would make the rounds looking for tools from the various stores here, and I'd do my best to explain how some tools I was buying just so they'd have them (knowing they would rarely use them), but telling them that some day they would want to buy a quality tool to replace them, and what the difference was between junk tools and quality tools.  Who knows if they remember.  It's kinda funny that they all became known as the person with tools.  Anybody in their dorms needing tools always came to them.  In fact, in one case a maintenance person came to one daughter asking to borrow a tool.

On my starter list for them:

plyers std. and needle nose
tape measure
crescent wrench
hammer
one of those little packages with a few nails and screws of various sizes
screw driver kit with all kinds tips for std, phillips, torx, etc
Role of duct tape and electric tape
some super glue
box cutter or knife of some sort

I also explained that every project demands that they buy one good quality tool.

John Slavin