[AT] American made tool box?

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun Dec 18 17:27:28 PST 2011

Hi Charlie.  I actually didn't buy a single new tool for myself, so am
fairly pleased about that.  The hard part was choosing what *not* to get for
my son.  He's 19 and living away from home for the first time, renting a
house with some other guys while he's in college.  Since they're renting I
don't expect he'll be doing all that much work on the house, so the gift was
intended to be more for the general future rather than for immediate
home-repair use.  (Although it's an old house and the landlord has given
them permission to make minor repairs/improvements as long as he approves
the work).  But "the future" is a pretty broad subject and I kept finding
myself thinking "Heck yes, he'll need one of these someday" pretty much no
matter what it was, and it would have been fun to have a good excuse to buy
a lot of toys.  But I settled on general-purpose hand tools and basic
carpentry stuff, no power tools, no sets of mechanic's wrenches, nothing for
working on electrical stuff.  He can acquire those when he needs them.

Dean