[AT] Honda 5518

Alan Nadeau ajnadeau1 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 16:34:46 PST 2011

Dean, I have to differ with you about the small tractors being able do "real
work".  I own the Grandfather of your 425, a 400 JD L&G tractor.  I've been
using it to keep snow off about 10,000 s.f. of driveway/parking area.  The
400 is 20 hp and I think the naked weight is greater than your 425 by a bit.
I'm running a 6'8" light duty pickup truck plow mounted on the loader and a
63" Kubota blower, heavily modified, mounted on the rear.   Our average
snowfall is 80", last year we had 120+".  While the 400 is not the best
choice for the job it is adequate.

As for the Honda, I think it is pretty much an orphan.  I don't think Honda
is still making anything like that and I'm not sure just how good the parts
pipeline is for them.

Al Nadeau