[AT] Honda 5518

Phil Vorwerk pvorwerk at newulmtel.net
Mon Dec 5 11:53:05 PST 2011

Hi Guys -

I've been re-evaluating how I've been doing my snow removal at home, and
started looking for a compact utility tractor with a blower.  I was cruising
Craigslist and ran across a Honda 5518 that looks appealing, but I really
don't know much about them.  4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer, pto's front and
back, cat 0 three point hitch.  Comes with a deck and a two stage snow
blower.  The idea of being able to add a tiller or a loader is appealing - I
have a pair of JD 425's, but I feel like they are a little small for that
kind of duty.

Anybody have any experience with these?  How many hours would be a "lot" of
hours?  I know they haven't made them since the 90's, so I'm wondering if
parts are a problem at all.  My other option is to put a blower on one of my
John Deere 425's, but looking this I can pick up the whole tractor for not
much more than it would cost me to pick up a JD blower.  I'm thinking that
if parts are still available they can't really be much worse than buying
them for a JD, other than I can't just stop at my local JD dealer to pick
them up.

Thoughts?

Phil Vorwerk

Courtland, MN