[AT] Hex bolt removal

Recentjester at aol.com Recentjester at aol.com
Sun Dec 4 14:43:38 PST 2011

drill it down the middle put a big easy out in it. Git-er  Dun

In a message dated 12/4/2011 4:39:10 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jahaze at aol.com writes:

Not  really tractor related, but on my western plow, the oil is stored in
an  aluminum housing that the pump attaches to.  In the bottom of the housing
 is a drain plug that consists of an indented hex head plug.  The plug is
made of steel, and after many years of sitting there, it is fused in place
(I  bought the plow used).  The inside of the hex head is stripped out, I'm
clearly not the first person to try and get it out.  I would like to  remove
it so I can drain the oil and get out any water that's in it.  The  plow
has a tendency to freeze up when it gets really cold and I have to heat  the
housing up with a torch to make it work.  Any ideas?  It's hard  to get at
and is sticking down about a fraction of an inch from the housing so  I can't
get pliers or anything else attached to it.  I'm afraid if I were  to just
drill it out I would never get another one in there.

You help  is welcome as always.

Enjoy, Joe

Sent from my  iPad