[Farmall] Gear Oil

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Thu Dec 1 06:42:14 PST 2011

In the 1930's Caterpillars that I have, it is always standard Gear Oil -
85W140 or 80W90. I have never used anything else except in modern units that
share oils and take either ATF or Hytran type fluids. One item that you
should clarify in your question is if there are exposed gears. If so, then
you need to coat them with a semi-solid lubricant.
        Grant Brians