[Farmall] Super C Problem

Bill Bruer bill_bru at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 25 06:52:02 PDT 2011

I have a Farmall 200, successor to the Super C, and really the same tractor.
It ran well in general but would hesitate on acceleration and sometimes miss
a bit at any speed for no apparent reason.  I got good fuel flow from the
tank into the sediment bowl and at the carb.  I decided to replace the
screen in the sediment bowl any way, then had trouble getting it to seal up
good so just replaced the entire sediment bowl assembly.

At the same time I checked the air cleaner assembly.  The central tube was
clear and I had the proper level of oil in the cup.  I needed to replace the
hose between the air cleaner housing and the carb so I removed the entire
air assembly from the tractor to check the steel wool strainers inside.  The
strainers didn't appear to be in bad shape but I went ahead and replaced
them while I had it all off.

I don't know which of these "fixes" did the trick but the tractor runs very
well now with no stumbling or missing under any circumstances.  Only took 2
trips to TSC and about $20.

Bill Bruer
Murfreesboro, TN
bill_bru at bellsouth.net