[AT] east coast earthquake

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:09:16 PDT 2011

I don't know just how hard it shook here.  As I said before, I didn't fell
well (got to hot yesterday) so I decided to take a nap after lunch.  I was
dead asleep when I thought I heard something like a distant thump kind of
like when a big limb falls from a tree in the night.  Still partly asleep I
felt the sofa moving and decided my little Jack Russell must have jumped on
the sofa with me.  I looked and didn't see him, ignored it but kept feeling
the motion.  I opened my eyes again and thinking back on what I had heard
and felt I wondered if my neighbors big yellow lab had paid me a visit and
plopped down on the floor near the door which I had left open for the
breeze.  I got up and looked but Cody was no where to be seen.  I went back
to the sofa and then noticed the Pepsi in my glass was sloshing a bit.   The
initial shake must have been larger than what I observed after I was awake
or I don't think it would have awakened me.  I guess the whole thing was
less than 20 seconds or at least what I was aware of was less than 20
seconds.