[AT] New fuel requirements 15% ethanol

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 17:22:25 PDT 2011

Mike,
My understanding is here in the mitten they don't have to post ethanol if UNDER 10%.  Most all pumps are posted, probably to keep legal even if they only have 9-1/2%.  I have not heard from my fuel supplier of any increase in the legal limit of 10% here.  He usually keeps me informed of any changes on the horizon.
I personally haven't had any problems other than storage life since they started adding alcohol.  Gasoline has had additives of all sorts since we started using it as a motor fuel way before my dad's time.  This is only one of many. Most, we don't even know of (or might not even be able to pronounce).
David