[AT] New fuel requirements 15% ethanol

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Aug 21 09:43:15 PDT 2011

It seems to me that the ethanol industry was pushing to permit "up to
15% ethanol" in gasoline. But I have also heard that there is a push in
congress to reduce or eliminate the ethanol subsidy, without which, the
whole ethanol scam (my personal description) falls apart. I was not able
to find anything, doing a Google search, about the government mandating
an increase in percentage of ethanol. I really hope they get rid of the
ethanol, as it is causing me no end of problems with my older gas
powered equipment.

In some states, you can still find stations selling non-ethanol gas, and
I understand the gas sold for boats and aircraft is still ethanol free.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to either.

Mike S