[AT] Custom Flatbed

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:23:38 PDT 2011

Cecil,  almost all big paint manufacturers have a Urethane as good as Imron
for a lot less.  I don't know if it's still the case, but a few years back,
all of the Polyurethane paint resin in the country (maybe the world) was
made in a plant in Houston Tx.  Imron's claim to fame was their formula or
process for adding colorants to the urethane.  I've got experience with
Polyurethane from ICI Devoe, Sherwin Williams, Porter International, and
several others and they all do a fine job.  I haven't used the Anchor brand
but I'm sure it's in the same league.

I agree completely with you about the color.  Being extremely blue eyed, I
have some problem with glare from highly reflective surfaces so I try to
stay away from pure white on things like truck hoods, etc.
but off whites and light shades work well for holding down heat. White and
light colors also reflect light well and are easier to light than dark
colors that absorb light (and heat).  We once got a job to
paint the ceiling and roof structure of a huge warehouse white.  We knew
what the manufacturing companies had figured out, that the paint job would
pay for it's self in lighting cost.  When we were finished the warehouse was
brighter using one out of every 3 rows of lights than it was before with all
of the rows of lights turned on.  Anyone building a shop should keep that
tip in mind.
I'm getting way off topic now but you can buy what is called "dry fall"
paint for ceilings and structure for about $15 bucks a gallon.