[Farmall] Gas tank residue

Douglas Deline ddeline at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 08:19:50 PDT 2011

This "stuff" is partially polymerized gasoline molecules (olefins).
Essentially the same as parafin wax, caused by free radical initiated
polymerization of the gasoline itself.  An inhibitor such as "Stabil" should
reduce or eliminate this.   Once formed, it may be hard to dissolve since
it's not soluble in gasoline itself.  Probably would make decent napalm
though.