[AT] A.T.I.S. at Portland

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Aug 28 07:43:58 PDT 2011

    Had a very successful show at Portland.  Nine members showd up to camp
in our abbreviated reserved area, but we managed just fine.

    Feature tractor was Minneapolis and was well represented by almost 200
tractors and had a massive array of different models and time periods. One
exhibitor paraded 39 tractors from Fort recovery, driven by family members.
Though I missed it, I understand it was quite a parade.

    Weather was near perfect. Was hot on Wednesday and during the night, had
a rain storm about midnight and settled the dust nicely and made for much
more comfortable temperatures and sunshine for the rest of the show.

    Our members were busy assisting the club by parking trailers, working
the trading post, assisting at the sawmill and threshing demonstrations. We
were also generous in using our tractors and golf carts for different tasks
as needed.

    Spencer was able to refine the Ball engine and had it purring nicely
before returning it to North Carolina with a great big smile.

    All week was a pleasant experience with great company and good eating
and evening discussions around the campfire with firewood we cut from the
sawmill slabs.

    Thanks to all who were able to make it.

                Gene