[Farmall] Super C Problem

Bill Bruer bill_bru at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 25 09:07:45 PDT 2011

Yes, it is actual steel wool, fairly coarse as Mike said.  The local TSC
store carries it in the same area as the other tractor tune-up parts,
already shaped into a "donut".  I don't remember if what they have is
stainless.  What was in mine was certainly not - it was fairly rusted though
I wouldn't have thought it was bad enough to cause problems.  Nor was it
obviously dirty.  In any case, it is a cheap and easy piece of maintenance
that helps to keep a clean & unrestricted airflow through the carb.
Remember that the airflow is as necessary to the fuel feed as for
combustion.

Bill