[AT] fuel sending unit

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 21 05:18:19 PDT 2011

Anybody here ever successfully repaired the fuel sending unit in a tractor? Pulled the one out of the 4020 yesterday to find the float was leaking. Drained and soldered it back up. Unfortunately the gauge doesn't quite agree with the sending units position. It takes a lot of lift to move the gauge off empty and it will not read over 3/4 full. It is a relatively simple setup and I couldn't see anything wrong so I cleaned it off and put it back in. I wonder if the problem is with the gauge or the sending unit?

John Hall