[AT] Battery Cable Lug question

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:45:10 PDT 2011

Joe go to a good hardware store and ask if they have brass bolts.   Actually
a boating gear store might work also.  If you can't find it in brass get
stainless steel and get
some di-electric grease (the kind of grease you use on battery connections
in your car to prevent corrosion), bolt it up and coat it with grease.  As
long as it's clean it will
work fine.   Mild steel will work electrically but it will corrode pretty
fast.   You might try a good auto parts store too.  One that's been in
business a long time.

Charlie