[AT] A-C WC battery

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Aug 7 03:45:22 PDT 2011

I agree with Charlie Hill's comments. Also check the ignition coil
(unless it is a mag engine). If the job was done properly, on a negative
ground system, the wire coming from the ignition switch should go to the
"+" terminal on the coil. Unless the coil was changed out, there should
be a "ballast" resistor wired between the ignition switch and the coil
to drop the voltage. Otherwise, you will burn out the coil.

I am unaware of any standard alternators that were other than 12 volt
negative ground, and few farmers would go to the expense of using a
specially modified alternator.

Mike