[Ford-ferguson] PTO Question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Aug 4 05:29:12 PDT 2011

I am not familiar with the F40, but if it has a typical two stage clutch
(where the PTO engages prior to the transmission) like on the Ford
660/860, then you are correct that the pedal should go all the way down
to disengage the PTO.

Something is keeping the pedal from moving all the way - probably dirt
or rust on some of the pieces that are supposed to slide freely...

I think you will need to find a parts diagram or service manual to
really understand the operation.

Mike