[Farmall] [Bulk (7.09) ] Re: [Bulk (7.09) ] Re: Super C Problem

Jeff & Ginny Pomije vjpomije at bevcomm.net
Wed Aug 3 18:58:42 PDT 2011

I was searching the web for other ideas on my tractor issue.  Found an
old posting about a Super C sputtering where one person suggested the
distributor may be worn.  So, called the tractor repair guy and had him
come out again.  He checked the easy stuff quick...fuel blockages and
the fuel tank for debris and found nothing wrong.  He then pulled the
cap off the distributor and stated turning the engine by hand checking
the advance.  I guess there is supposed to be a little give or spring
back action in the shaft for the advance.  Anyway, he found two 'dead'
spots where it was not working properly.  He then checked the plugs and
found they were black instead of gray.  I guess that is an indication of
the spark not firing at the proper time.  With that, he pulled the
distributor and put in a rebuilt one for me to try.  I have to bale hay
with it tomorrow, so I'll see if the replacement distributor makes a
difference.

Jeff

On 8/3/2011 12:21 PM, Al Jones wrote:
> You'll figure it out when you're lying on the ground with a numb hand and arm ;)
>
> Al

>>> 2. compression