[Farmall] Super C Problem

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:51:13 PDT 2011

One other thought, and you can check this yourself.  After you
disconnect the line from the carburetor, remove the fitting from the
carburetor that the line threads onto.  You might find a very fine
filter screen soldered into the inner end of that fitting.  If
clogged, this little filter can cause a problem like you describe.  I
do not know if IH used these screens, but not difficult to check it
out.  I do know Fords of that same vintage did have them.  I have been
fooled by a clog there for a while once or twice, and I knew about
them.  I felt a little sheepish after taking the carb off and cleaning
only to eventually find it was the filter screen creating the fuel
shortage.

Charlie V.