[AT] Now NC twisters: -now hail vegetable discussion

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Wed Apr 20 08:09:25 PDT 2011

Charlie,
     Please do not take offense, but I think you meant to write _sickle_
bar cutter.  If it were sharp and in really good shape, it would likely
leave less trauma to the plant.  Now, mine is never very sharp, nor is
it in top shape after mowing road shoulders on gravel roads.  A disc
mower came to my mind for this experiment but I have no experience with
them.  They are out of my budget range.  Too new.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA