[AT] Mina problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:26:14 PDT 2011

Thanks Bob.  We had one bad strike about 5 miles from me.   A small
subdivision, primarily occupied by young Marine Corps families, was hit
hard.  I'm guessing 40% or more of the houses were badly damaged or
destroyed but no loss of life.   A friend of mine lives adjacent to the
subdivision and he got a tree through his roof  but it's not major damage.
I went down to help and enough folks showed up that most of his debris was
cleared and the roof patched by dark last night.  I was only able to stay a
couple of hours.

There was a bunch of damage within a 100 mile radius of here.  At least 14
lives lost and countless dollars of loss.  A middle school about 50 miles
away was destroyed.  The roof came off another school about 25 miles from
here.

Thanks for asking.  No damage at all at my place.  My mother lost power for
about 3 hours.