[AT] Question on the forum

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Apr 12 20:40:32 PDT 2011

I was on the verge of heating/freezing, and then realized that a 12
point socket, in just the right size, would catch the edge of the metal
and yet allow me to "tuck" the lip of the into the socket without
damaging it.   That got it started.   Went to the next smaller socket
and drove the seal further.    Then one more size down( on that would
fit into the bore) and drove it to the seat.    The last socket would
have destroyed the seal if I had tried to start it with that size.   But
starting and driving with an oversize socket and successively smaller
sockets let me start and drive with no real damage.

Thanks again for all the help!

PS:   You guy should really get on the forum - million times better when
it come to this kind of stuff.

Spencer