[AT] Allis Chalmers B Question

Recentjester at aol.com Recentjester at aol.com
Fri Apr 1 21:11:10 PDT 2011

plug is dry it is overhead valve an it is pullin a vacumn on  my hand at
the carb throat. gas is runnin out the carb. Valves are all moving  fine.
grounded plug with it out of the hole nice blue spark (an on all the  rest as
they go around, I checked them all) I am on compression stroke felt  the
pressure an both intake and exhaust are both closed on #1 #4 is on exhaust.  not
even a pop an tried ether.

In a message dated 4/1/2011 5:33:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
1cdevill at gmail.com writes:

On Fri,  Apr 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM,  <Recentjester at aol.com> wrote:
>  Welllll I been crankin this allis B to no avail. I even tried  ether no
pop
> even. The mag is set so that It clicks on #1 while the FIRE line  is  in
the
> middle of the timing hole on the flywheel. fireing  order is correct vales
> are set correctly 0.10 loose have gas to carb  an its clean. I have never
> cranked  one before an must confess I  am maybe erring on the side of
caution.
> Have an old  Harlie an  have been kicked.

Back to basics my friend.

Remove #1  plug.  Is it wet or dry??
Wet- No spark or just flooded.
Dry- find  out why fuel is not drawing into the cylinder.

Ground the plug base and  crank the engine to verify spark at the plug tip.

Disable the other  three plugs.  Crank the engine with finger on #1
plug hole until you  feel compression building.  Make sure mag snaps at
the top of that  stroke to confirm it is not 180 degrees out.

Good luck.

Charlie  V.